View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #21
Montajmahal
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23285
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaV View Post
If you saw the picture of my hubby and 3 of his friends that I took on a trip to a HD rally a few years ago you would have thought they were some outlaw bikers..but in truth, they were an engineer, a manager on Camp Peary base, a shift manager for the Railroad, and a guy that owns his own business! You slap some leather, some patches, some boots and do-rags on and put them on a Harley they just don't look the same! lol

Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
We have been rving or fulltiming since 1970. Never had any problems with anyone, never had anything damaged or stolen. Have meet so many wonderful people. Do carry. Years ago camping in the AZ mountains. Cochise Stronghold. Isolated. Nobody else there. Motorcycle group comes in. Not nice looking folks, tough group, classic look of Hells Angels, etc. 28 years in the Army caused me to pull out my handgun and put in my pocket. They built a fire, cooked food, and came over to our unit and invited us over for a beer. We went. Great time.
If you saw the picture of my hubby and 3 of his friends that I took on a trip to a HD rally a few years ago you would have thought they were some outlaw bikers..but in truth, they were an engineer, a manager on Camp Peary base, a shift manager for the Railroad, and a guy that owns his own business! You slap some leather, some patches, some boots and do-rags on and put them on a Harley they just don't look the same! lol

This can be Soooo true! Many years ago when I was in my 20’s I took a long lone bike ride north of Phoenix in the desert and came across a tavern with a bunch of HD’s in front. I was thirsty and wanted a cold brew so I stopped, got off my 1974 Honda CB550 and walked in. The place went dead silent and a very large leather bound, tattooed guy picked me up off the ground and asked me what I thought I was doing there. I said “I thought I was buying the next round.”

The place went loud with laughter, the guy put me back on the ground and bought me several beers. I made sure they didn’t notice the Saturday Night Special in my back pocket though.

True story.

Just for a point of relevance, I was living in my 1st Airstream at the time. Always found RVers to be generally great people, and not always what they appear to be.
Montajmahal is offline   Reply With Quote