View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Its cold in here!

Im starting to wonder if our Monty actually has the Arctic Package or not.... Mabey you could help us figure out wether there is something we can do or if we just need to toughen up.

We feel cold quite a bit. I havent found any gaps in these areas; but around the slides, the entry door, under the desk and around the bed are very cold areas. The furnace is set at 70* and we supplement with a ceramic heater. We run the ceiling fan to help mix it all up, that helps but we still feel cold.

We have not had any water freezups even down to +5 degrees. We are going through a propane bottle every 4 days or so. The snow on the Monty doesnt seem to melt off any faster than it does on the other trailers around us. I have sealed up any gaps I have found in the basement and around the stove vent. We have single pane windows, and I dont have but half of the windows filmed so far.

Does this sound about right for our situation? Is our propane usage normal, its getting expensive. Were spending about $120 a month in propane plus our electric usage.

Thanks for your thoughts
Mike
Mike-n-Jen is offline   Reply With Quote