Thread: Texters beware!
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Ozz, I am with ya! We in Washington state passes a law that you cannot text or use a cell phone without using hands free. The only problem is that you see people doing both all the time! They do not enforce it, so what’s the law worth. When I see them I point and yell, “GET OFF YOUR PHONE”! My DW tells me all the time, “they are going to think you’re pointing a gun at them and call the cops, or shoot you”. She’s probably right, I shouldn’t do it….but it p!$$3$ me off. They don’t have to respond to the accidents and see the terror they cause to innocent people like cops and firefighters have to. They need to just put the phone down and DRIVE. They are not that important that they have to take that call or answer that text while they are supposed to be paying attention to driving. Most are young drivers that do not have the skill sets that experience brings, and those several seconds of inattention to driving is disastrous as they overcorrect in an attempt to regain control of the several ton vehicles they have been given the responsibility to operate…with us and our loved ones sharing the road with them.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote