View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #23
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
really don`t care, but the answers keep changing with the wind and people answering them. There position in the company means nothing.

here is a good example from the other thread on the board.

"Interesting to hear Lippert is saying the MorRyde IS system will void the frame warranty. I discussed the MorRyde with a Lippert rep at the 2018 Rally. He stated the IS system wouldn't affect the frame warranty.
I am wondering if this has anything to do with them introducing the Lippert Center Point system?
I am going to follow up with Lippert regarding this."

Yes I`m sure these weren`t junior people either. The engineers I dealt with for 30 years must have been a different breed than the ones up North. Peoples lives usually depended on their decisions so no funny business.
I completely agree with calling out the the people who need to get called out.

I just think it's a pretty narrow view of the world to call out a person's character based merely on the job they do. Nothing different about the engineers north vs south; mostly great people but I've met some exceptions. And, I've been blessed to get to consult all over NA, so can honestly say my view is not regional in scope. That's why I can say I've seen great and honest people in other jobs as well. But I've also had to work with some in a variety of roles where I can't wait to be finished with them.
I'd rather judge a person for what they say and what they do, not what job puts food on their table. YMMV.

As to my observations of this issue? It seems to me that most of the change in direction has come from Lippert not Montana. It makes no difference whether their job at Montana is in engineering or other, they aren't the ones changing the rules, at least in the matters that have been recently discussed.

The concerning pattern I see is that Lippert is giving favor to their own products (or maybe those they might be trying to acquire), but they have started excluding other manufacturers with the "void frame warranty" statements.

Brad