View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
My grandmother was a Wal-Mart greeter. She did not work because she had too, she worked because she wanted too. I think she would leave most of here Wal-Mart salary in Vegas when she and her girlfriends would go. She always said the money she earned was for having extra fun that she would not have otherwise. Wal-Mart was always good to her and always worked with her. She worked until she could not do so any more physically.

Our local Wal-Mart still has greeters. I have never had a unpleasant experience with any of them. I always think of my Grandmother when I see them.

As for Wal-Mart being evil, they are no more evil than any other retailer. The same old fears that you always hear of Wal-Mart running businesses out of town has been untrue. The only business negatively affected by Wal-Mart was the ones who kept banker hours and were lacking in customer service. The rest have thrived and are still in business. The presence of Wal-Mart and their success here in town has attracted other retailers as well.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote