View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #10
Tithy242
Established Member

M.O.C. #11176
An update after the weekend. The bedroom unit was installed by the factory but is not thermostat controlled. It's either full on or off; wish it was t-stat controlled. It'll cool the bedroom to 72 degrees with the door open according to my basic indoor/outdoor thermometer. If I place a small fan on the floor just outside the bedroom door, it'll keep the living area from going above 85 degrees and of course the ceiling fan helps things feel okay. So no one is dying here. The return air from the smaller bedroom unit is cold whereas the return air on the bigger living room unit is basically room temp. So, regardless of the extreme outside heat I believe there is an issue with the living room unit. Tons of condensate from the working unit and not a drop from the other. The filters and coils are clean. Maybe it's a t-stat issue, a fuse or who knows.

The park I'm in now has a professional RV Tech living there. I talked with him this morning and am willing to let him trace the problem down and if not too expensive let him apply a fix. He understands I'm still under warranty and is just going to "take a look". If it turns out to major, back to the dealer. I'm trying to avoid this because it'll be the fourth trip back to the dealer since Feb. and the third camping trip we've had to cut short due to a mechanical problem on a new rig. First two issues were water leaks and a slide out issue. We still love our Mountaineer 324RLQ and the layout is perfect for us but hate the thought of unloading the fridge again and having to wipe out the mold when we pick it up. What a hassle.

Side question: I'm running the smaller bedroom unit 24/7 mostly because it's not t-stat controlled. How long can these units run like that before I cause another problem? Since my wife and I still work and have a home, I'm talking days, not weeks or months. With two units, at least I can run one during the day and the other at night; that is when they are both running as they should.

Again, thank you for listening.
Tithy242 is offline   Reply With Quote