View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM   #8
Montana_882
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #882
There's more to the 2005 f350 than just the new tow comand systen.
Starring from the ground up the front axel is 5ft 5 in wider than before.Theire is a knew steering box and steering wheel.There are no longer leaf springs on the 4x4s,they have coils that are weight related to the GVR of of the truck. The frame is identical to the f459 and f550.They boxed the front portioned and thicked all of it,plus the installed an additional crossmenber for support.
It has larger brakes on the front and rear,the rotors are drilled fo cooling purposes and it now has dual pistons in the calaipers as well. The engine is more responsive because of direct rail injection and it has a new type of turbo also.
In the rear seeting area they have fold down flooring for careing tools or food.It has a 60/40 bench seat that has numerious positions.There are child safety hooks installed for child seats and a fold down arm rest with cup holders when the seat is in the normal position. On the out sid the only differance is the large CROME GRILL. I have a 4.10 rear and at 80 mph it's at 2,300 rpm range and it will stay the for as long as you want it,but I don't like to run that fast with a gross weight of jusy over 22,650 pounds.
I have had and driven all makes and modles of trucks bun this is the BEST for the price you will ever have. And it rides soooooo smoth. We have had ours since the 21st. of sept and it has 5,800 miles on it so far and all but about 750 have beem towing the Montana. We certainly have NO complaints !!!
Montana_882 is offline   Reply With Quote