View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Carole-- Speaking as a retired letter carrier and giving a little advice along with it-- DO NOT send it to your sons address especially since he is a Junior! There is nothing worse than having to try and straighten out a problem with mail that has been forwarded and then changed after three months or what ever time elapsed to be sent back to your original address with names that are the same or close to the same! You will not be happy with the results, believe me! When the names are the same, whether it be Senior or Junior, the sorting machines CANNOT tell the difference in most cases. A question-- why can you not receive any mail other than mail in a large white envelope at our winter quarters? Apparently, your winter quarters managers do not want to work with their patrons or the Postal Service. What would happen if you had your mail forwarded by the PO or even a friend or family member at home and they forwarded it in a Priority box or envelope? Would the campground not accept it? They legally cannot refuse that since it is an approved mailing by the PO.
Carole see me at the Fall Rally, I'd really like to talk to you about this! See you in about two weeks!

dyna_rider98-- talk to your mailman personally and explain what you intend to do and IF he/she is any kind of letter carrier they will work with you and make things a whole lot easier for both of you!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote