View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #7
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I don’t understand the crazy buying going on out there. DW seems to be more worried about it than me. She went looking for a thermometer and could not find one. I haven’t seen or needed a thermometer for long time. I know we had them when the kids were young but no idea where they went to.

Went across town to the Randall’s near Sun City. Those retired folks out there are smarter than to fall for this bunker mentality hype. They are smart and know when to call Bravo Sierra on this stuff. Randalls will have fully stocked shelves and plenty of thermometers. NOPE! Shelves were wiped out and the racks were empty. The meat section was bare. The checkout line was 25 minutes long. I have never seen anything like it. My son in Houston said the supermarkets had kicked into hurricane prep rules - stop folks at the door and only let 10-15 people in at a time.

I don’t remember worrying about SARS or the H1N1 thing in 2009-10. I have no idea what was going around in February 1984, but some bug got me, DW and 2 kids at the time and it was the worst I have ever had. We were down for 3 days and time was a blur. I am looking forward to them hot and humid Texas summers.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote