View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #18
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Bill, how did you connect the velcro strapping inside to hold the teli in place while in motion with the fiver? Also are you getting a scratching on the teli from the velcro? Inquizative minds want to know!
I used some very small brass screws and washers into the cabinet behind the TV. The velcro strap (from Home Depot) seems quite strong and there is really not much force on it so I think it will do fine. The strap is double sided, one side hooks/the other side loops.
When we get set up, I release the velcro, pull the TV out a little, connect the two top pieces of velcro together across the top and the two bottom pieces together across the bottom, push the TV back in, and they stay out of sight and out of the way.
After our first trip since the install I did not notice and places on the screen. I am not sure the strap touches the screen much if any. The screen is slightly recessed behind the outer frame and I pull the strap fairly tight. The strap (especially the fuzzy loop side) is fairly soft. I will have to look closer next time I am at the trailer.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote