View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #10
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
I have researched through all the threads, and think I have reached tire brain over load. There is so much great advice from you experts. In any event here is my situation.

I have a 2018 3721rl Montana - 39' 7" - Dry Weight 13,317 lbs

It has been sitting stationary at my lake property on a cement slab for the past 4 years. We have never traveled with it. Factory tires. I am retiring, and now we are planning to start traveling with it. I have read the nightmares on here regarding blow outs on factory tires and it seems the consensus agree that Sailun Tires are the way to go. So I have a few questions.

1. If my Montana is sitting stationary for 4 years the factory tires are probably best replaced before traveling on them?

2. What size of Sailun tires would you replace them with?

3. Is there a best place to buy them? Price?

Thank you for any help. I know we newbies can test your patience, but I am trying to learn as much as possible before going on our maiden voyage.
Your OEM sized tires (ST235/80R16 LRG) Are more than adeciduate for your 7000# vehicle certified axles. There are more than a dozen brand names that built that size and load capacity tire.

If you did not take the weight off the current tires while sitting, they are probably destroyed, especially if not parodically rotated 180 degrees.
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote