View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Slide topper tube issue

So replaced fabric of my three slide toppers and all is well with that. What isn't well is that the front most end cap on my dining slide has a real serious wobble. I found the problem and repair explained on another forum so i know what i need to do. The cause of the wobble - the end caps are aluminum and the center hole where the steel shaft of the spring assembly exits to fit into the arm assembly has gone oblong. ALL of my end caps have some slight oblong wear, but my dining slide topper has major wear. End caps can be bought with a new spring assembly only! Several repair methods were explained at : iRv2.com/forums/154/dometic-a-and-e-slide-topper-end-cap-repair . I THINK i can pin both ends of the tube assembly and then remove the hex extension and arm as one piece, leaving the shaft of the topper assembly exposed and showing the slotted out end cap. Then i can apply one of the washer repairs to the end cap and put the arm assembly back in place...all while everything is still attached to the slide out. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT YOUR WOBBLE, just unroll a little topper fabric off the tube and while holding it slightly unwound...try moving that end of the tube up and down or sideways. The irv2 forum description of this issue is great reading! John
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote