View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
otnoel521
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10179
We have a 2010 Montana Mountaineer Toy-Hauler 347THT, and we carry our Heritage Springer (FLSTS) everywhere we go. We have been full-timing since retirement in March of 2010. I do not understand the comments regarding not having the living space with a Toy-hauler when bringing the bike once you arrive where you are going. My husband & I, our dog and our ball python live in ours quite comfortably. Once we arrive at our destination we unload the bike and have plenty of living space. We have boondocked in the desert, at some RV parks etc. In fact when we are at our "stick house" in Georgia we hook up to the water and electric and continue to live in our fifth-wheel in between our trips. We have spent months at our property in PA (June through October). In December we head West to Texas for a month or so then head to the Circle of Montana's in Quartzsite, AZ. The only thing we found to be a little sketchy is unloading the bike (the ramp is fairly steep) but my husband designed use of bar stock with a wench to lower the bike. I work the wench while he straddles the bike to keep her upright while he backs out of the rig. He has posted a series of pictures and directions on what was used for the setup. Check it out. Dave & Olga Noel (Dave's MOC id is flsts). BTW, we tow with a 2007 GMC one ton Dually. Life is good.
otnoel521 is offline   Reply With Quote