View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #19
BandBmalin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22581
Welcome to 3820FK glamping!! We love ours and have had it out a few times in the last couple of months since we got it. A couple of minor tweaks we've done that have helped our needs out quite a bit:
1. Went from the stock king mattress to a house king and now to a house queen mattress in the bedroom. I still need to trim the plywood a bit since it is sized for a king, but our test runs with the queen mattress proved it was the right move for us as we can now walk around the bedroom and access the cabinets where the washer/dryer preps are. (Our 4.5 pound toy golden doodle sleeps under the cabinets in a tiny "trailer" we got from CW that fits in that hole quite nicely!)
2. It gets warm in Florida and the air was having issues keeping the front cool so I removed (they just snap off) the two ac vent covers over the ceiling fan in the living room. MUCH better now!
3. I also closed off the two air returns under my steps. We rarely, if ever, run the furnace opting instead for electric heat the rare times we would ever need it. My hope was to stop cooling the basement. (If you run the furnace, you'd have to open these back up.)

We love our FK and our 2 year old grandson figured out that if he puts his forehead against the glass in the front while standing in the booth, he can go from one side of the trailer to the other and his head vibrates on the glass making a fun sound. (We clean bugs on the outside and forehead prints on the inside of that front glass! Definitely worth the few extra minutes for the view!!)

Enjoy your FK!!!
2017 Fully Grown 5 Pound Toy Golden Doodle
BandBmalin is offline   Reply With Quote