View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #15
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Since our traveling days in our fivers (Montana models) to our current set up we plan and travel basically the same.

Depending on what part of the country and what time of year is what guides us on how far in advance we need to seek out reservations. A winter spot in Florida.....12 months in advance, a popular attraction out west in the summer.....3 or 4 months in advance.

Between my phone mapping, a trucker's Atlas, and Pocket Truck Stop Guide I determine my routes. Then I use several apps to locate campground/parks and overnight stops. RVParky, PassportAmerica, GoodSams, RVParkReviews are some I turn to. As far as fuel stops I have always leaned toward Pilot and Flying J. I want fresh fuel and I don't really care about paying a few cents more. When we had our fiver sometimes I would fuel up after setting up camp but it had to be a busy station that sold a lot of diesel.

Lastly, I ask a lot of questions when I call a campground for reservations. I also turn to my computer and use google earth to see exactly what the campground looks like and also the surrounding areas, including any suspect intersections or roads leading into it.

Safe traveling.