View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #52
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
At least the stations I normally fuel at that have both gas and diesel nozzles on the same pump, if you lift the gas nozzle and press the diesel button it will not accept it and start the pump. Same if you lift the diesel nozzle and press a gas button. The diesel button is next to the diesel nozzle and the gas buttons are next to the gas nozzle. There are some checks and balances, but not foolproof if a person’s mind was somewhere in left field. But then consistent color coding probably would not help in that case either.
You hit the nail right on the head! Back in the early eighties I had a small diesel pickup as my everyday driver. One day I took my wife's car to work and needed to fuel it on the way home. I went to the same station I always did and pulled up to the same pump that I always did and, you guessed it, I started filling up with the same diesel as I always did! Fortunately I only had a few gallons in when I realized my error. I topped the tank off and made it home, albeit with a small smoke screen following me, where I was able to drain the tank. No amount of signage would have prevented my inattentiveness. And by the way the government has nothing to due with the color of the handles. Funny, isn't it, if the government regulates something we complain but if they don't regulate something that effects somebody's specific desires we complain too!
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote