View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I agree with Tom S. After I graduated High School I had my graduation tassle hanging from my rear view mirror and never had a problem, but maybe the cops in my area had better things to do and I had a plate from my state that didn't make it worth their while. Eventually, when I found it was getting sun damaged, I removed it, then found out about the law and never put it back. This is also true of those stickon type items you can attach to the windshield - those are no-nos, too. However attaching it to the dash still blocking the same view if it were attached to the windshield is okay, but it was explained to me it's more a safety concern especially if you are in an accident and you should only have broken glass coming back at you and not these holders and whatever is in it, too.

However, it's okay to not even have a rear view mirror like many box trucks who can't even see behind, but they better have mirrors on both sides. Since these trucks will often have a rear view mirror coming from the factory (the box is installed later as an option) is this illegal? Same with some pickup trucks I've seen that have some kind of cover, headache rack or something blocking the rear view mirror. I always thought that a rear view mirror in this case allowed the adult in the front seat to see better when they reached back to discipline someone. I am too short to do that and would not do it anyway, but you know what I mean.

Hmmm, I am following Tom S. in many of these topics. It must be because he lives further East and gets first dibs at posting replies. I am NOT stalking him.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote