View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
So proud of Kat...

On facebook:

Kathy Ann Taylor

An incident happened tonight that made me want to give a shout out. This shout out is to ask that you become aware of any elderly living in your neighborhood, apartment complex, etc. I'm not asking that you build a friendship (unless you want to), but just to be aware. Tonight we had just sat down with our friend and park manager, when she got a frantic knock on her door. A neighbor hadn't been seen for about five days, and when they went knocking on his door, they heard him moaning. We all rushed to his trailer. We got a weak response to come in, but his door was locked. We immediately called 911, but when he stopped responding to our questions, we got worried. Michael walked around the trailer and saw a window and hollered to me. I saw a window, his hands and I knew my job. Michael tossed me threw the window. The smell was horrible and I couldn't see the man, it was dark. I thought, Oh God, help me through this. The bad news is that he laid there for 5 days alone. The good news is that he was alive, and we think he will be alright.

Michael writing this...Kat was a real trooper tonight. She ripped her shirt and cut herself as she went through the window. Without her unlocking the front door, Fire/Rescue would have pried open the door. When Max, the victim, is able to return home, he will find a door that closes instead of a trailer that needs a lot of money to repair! Thank you Kat!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote