Thread: Worn tires
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
This can be caused by overloading of your trailer. You will need to get the rig weighed at a CAT scale located at the big truck stops. Do a Google on CAT scales and find the nearest one. Weigh each axle and the truck with the trailer on it and just the truck. There are directions for weighing your trailer in the manual.
I had the same problem with my 2004 3670RL. It was not overloaded but you will need the trailer weights before you start the process just to be sure. I found two problems on my unit. The axle manufacturer had some suspect axles that tended to loose their camber or arch about that time. I think it was a material problem and realigning or rearchiing them will be short term fix as they would not hold alignment. As well I had two different axles on my trailer. The front axle was a 6000 lb and the rear axle was a 5200 lb. I was having severe tire wear on both axles with the worst wear on the rear. Get under the trailer and copy the numbers off the tags on the axles and call the axle manufacturer first and Montana next for help on this problem.
Search the problem solving forum on you will find my thread. Good luck!
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote