View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 12:35 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Whenever we've had any repair (dealership for us), we've removed everything that is in the way, or might be in the way, or anything that could possibly be in the way. In other words, anything and everything in the affected area.

In the remainder areas of the camper, remove anything valuable. We travel with guns. If the camper is going to the shop, they are completely removed. So is the ammunition. We travel with computers and lots of "stuff" for the computers. All of that is completely removed. We travel with a considerable amount of extra cash ... you know ... green paper, not plastic, and a lot of change. Every penny is removed.

Sometimes, we simply do not know how long our camper may be at the shop. Things do happen. We ALWAYS remove every stitch of food and clean out the refrigerator.
If something happens and they have to keep the camper longer than expected, the last thing we want is for the refrigerator to loose is last breath of "cold" and things spoil.

You just never know what the repair will eventually entail. It may appear to be simple and end up being very complex and time consuming. Every tool is removed. I do not want them confusing any of mine with theirs and we come up with a loss. (Sorry, I'm just skeptical). And, remove any clothing you may need if the repair turns out to take longer than anticipated and you want your favorite clothes near you.

All our tanks are completely emptied .... completely. All electronics are unplugged. Everything is cleaned out. Anything in the camper that you use on a normal routine basis, remove it.

Again, the repair may be promised to be complete in 2 hours. The bottom line is, they may have it for 2 months. You just never know. Be prepared and make it easier for the service techs also.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote