View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #6
Knieriemen
Established Member

M.O.C. #28013
Thanks to all who responded. I am grateful. Our first 5th wheel was a mid grade KZ that was a wonderfully built unit. We got spoiled. Sold it and bought the custom Montana. We are pretty good at fixing most things; hubby was a mechanic in a former life. But this Montana has just about beat us. From the front hydraulics to the transformer switch to the underbelly plumbing. Every time we wanted to take it on a shakedown trip, something else would fail. It’s sitting in a park nearby, secure, and waiting for additional repairs. We took it to Camping World because it’s right next door to the RV park, and right across the highway from our subdivision. We did not buy from CW, because they refused to custom order for us. We bought from RV Outlet in VA.

Alisha Howton and the rest of the customer service crew at Keystone have been less than helpful. Disappointing, actually.

We’re now working with a mobile repair guy to finish the heavy duty repairs. Those costs, of course, are out of pocket.

Covid killed our plan of a 9,000 mile, 5 month round the country trip last June.
But I shudder to think of what would have happened had we been in the middle of nowhere when the front hydraulics failed. Or when the transfer switch burned up because it was wired incorrectly at the factory. Or when water started flooding from the underbelly when the main water line cracked. Right now we have no water in the coach pending that repair.

Thanks for the venting. I’m looking forward to some constructive back and forth and hopefully, soon, some great travels.

Susan
Knieriemen is offline   Reply With Quote