View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #43
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Sixcampers.Do I understand this correctly...the ant issue is a issue with your dealer. The MAJOR issue right now is a water leak that cannot be found and it can be assumed that the mold issue is related to the water leak.You want to do a high pressure water test to find the leak..Keystone says they will not pay for that. In My opinion if it is the kind of high pressure water test I am familiar with, water directed at any camper at that pressure would leak in a dozen places, might even blow out a window or two.I think what I read in your post is that if it leaks AGAIN they will correct the problem.
I meant to reply to this as well....I am not sure what kind of high pressure test it is but I know that there is some kind of seal test or high pressure test that can be done to detect leaks in campers. I have a friend who had a camper - not a Keystone - that had a water leak. They brought it back and forth to the dealer for months. The dealer or should I say service dept sprayed water on it with a hose numerous times without being able to find the leak. They ended up bringing the unit into another service dept that was equipped with this water test and they were able to find the leak and repair it.

I was hoping that Keystone would authorize us to bring it to another service dept that would be better equipped to find the leak. What they want me to do is wait for it to leak again before paying for that to be done. Why should I have to wait? They know there is a leak, they have been unable to find the leak, therefore it would stand to reason that it will leak again.

If in fact they are unable to find the leak after this test then what? Keep repairing the damage? That is not good enough. I feel like Keystone should do everything in their power to find that leak and fix it. If they have been unable to detect the leak then they should replace my camper or reimburse me my money. Is that unreasonable? Why should I have to keep bringing it back and forth and be without my camper with no reimbursement for the time we have been unable to use it? At what point is it enough?

My frustration has turned to anger and I hate feeling this way
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote