View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #56
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
The 17.5 G114 are almost identical in size. Actually slightly smaller in all dimensions. .2" less in circumference and .1" Not a problem going with them. So close - I kept one of my G614's as a spare.
Other 17.5's (Sumitomo Michelin, Hankook, Cooper,Bridgestone, Continental, Toyo.. they are all equal to (30.7") or a few tenths less. None have a larger diameter. Lots of choices in the 17.5 range.

I've noticed in sharp corners/backing the tires flex a lot less. Big difference. I've noticed the same with the Mor/Ryde IS as well. With the leaf springs the assembly would creak and lean in and out quite a bit - now they are rock solid.

Randy - Do you have any pictures of the tire edges worn down to the belts?? That must have been a pretty fantastic wear pattern to get that deep on the edges. How much tread was left on the crown? Was the rest of the tire worn evenly? How many miles on the tires? How many years? Did you have them from new? Would be a good resource for those who still have them on their rigs. Inquiring minds want to know.

Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote