View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
We are each different but here is what works for us.

1. No Slide Toppers. We were undecided right up until the PDI but decided against them. In 3 years with the previous RV I only had to get on the roof 1 time with a broom to sweep and clean before retracting the slide. Of course our 3400RL has 4 slides now so I might have a different opinion after cleaning all 4 slides once or twice.

2. Don't have a Generator but the 10th anv came with the Gen Prep. I will most likely go the Honda route. The only time we boondock is when traveling between point A & B and can not find a place for the night. For the short periods of time we will need power when not hooked up I figure we can get by on a inverter.

3. When purchasing our 3400RL two weeks ago I decided against the extended warranty. I have personally found that with the law of averages I am better off with out the warranties. It also gives me the flexibility if something breaks I can upgrade or change what was originally there vs having to go along with the terms of the warranty.

4. Yes on the 2nd AC. My previous unit was 30ft. We live in TX. Vacation is always someplace where the 2nd AC is not needed but we felt it was a must for the 3400. A few years ago we stopped in Carlsbad Caverns for 2 nights. The afternoon we arrived it was 110* in mid June. It was so hot that the single A/C took several hours to cool off the 30' trailer. We even took the dog with us when we went to town because it was still so warm in the trailer.

5. We did purchase the all in one Washer/Dryer on the 3400. 3 Weeks is the longest we are away for any given time. We figure it will allow us to run a quick load as we head out the door with out having to spend the afternoon waiting for a machine at the park laundry.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote