View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

...........We chose the 2000 because it fits well in the truck and is easy to lift in and out. We plan on adding another Honda if and when we need it but so far that has not happened........

Helen
adelmoll,

When that time comes, look into the Honda "eu2000i Companion30A" model. It is about $100 more than the standard eu2000i, but there is one advantage in doing so. You don't need to buy the $250 parallel kit with the big box that has the 30 amp receptacle in it, which you have to mount on the front of one of the generators. The Companion model has the 30 amp receptacle built into it, along with the necessary circuitry to pair two units together. All that you need to buy, is the parallel wires themselves, $50 retail ($40 if you like to haggle). Another plus is that you can get Non-CARB compliant units. Political comment deleted.

I got the best deal at my local Honda Motorcycle shop. Just as good of a price as at Mayberrys, which seems to be a popular, low price place to get them from, only I didn't have to deal with shipping them half way across the Country and if I have any warranty issues it will be a local solution. The Companion was $999, the standard one was $899, and the cables were $40. Camping World wants $1,222 (now "on sale" for $1,099) for the Companion, $1,111 (now "on sale" for $1,000)for the standard, and $44.44(now "on sale" for $39.99) for the cables.

Edit:

Just to clarify, the eu2000i Companion 30A model does not put out 30 amps by itself, it just has a 30 amp twist lock receptacle. However, two eu2000i units hooked together in parallel will put out 26.6 amps continuous, and they can peak to 33.4 amps.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote