View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobbyd13

We currently own a travel trailer and are considering upgrading to a fifth wheel. We have narrowed our selection down to couple of specific manufacturers and models. We are leaning toward a 2009 Montana 3665RE. We would like to solicite inputs and advice from some long time/full time RVer's.

1. I have read elsewhere on this forum that slide toppers may only last 3-4 years. With 4 slides, this could be a considerable expense. I understand the purpose of the toppers, but considering the initial cost and replacement cost, are they really a worthwhile option?

We have been fulltiming for 2 years. we have the toppers and have had to pull the slides in one time, no tears or rips yet. I vote yes on this one!

2. One option available is a generator. With the unit installed under the bedroom area, how much of an issue does noise and vibration become? Is the noise they create loud enough to be bothersome to surrounding neighbors?

We have a Honda 2000 and have used it twice. We are not big boondockers.

3. Are extended warranties worthwhile? Do the RV manufacturers offer them or are they only available through second parties?

We have one and have not used it yet, but do feel better with it.

4. Is it recommended to have a second A/C unit in a rig 33ft or larger? We have a single ducted unit in our 30ft TT now, that has been sufficient so far, but we have never had the TT in the sustained high temperatures of the south or west.

We opted for the second air and am glad we did, sometimes, while watching TV, just use the bedroom AC to lessen the noise.

5. Is a washer and dryer unit worth the cost and does it prove to be adequate in the washing and capacity?

We do not have one and DW does not want one. Heard too many stories of vibrating, flooding and wrinkles. DW would rather do two - three loads at a tie at a laundramat.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote