View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 07:25 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As some of you know, I have had the "sagging" door problem on 2 different shower doors.
It started a year ago when we first got the rig. We didn't have it 2 months when the shower door started to drag. Different dealers tried adjusting the door several times in several ways. NONE of which worked. The "adjustments" would last a few weeks and we were back to square one. In fact the last adjustment eventually caused the door to start to come apart.
Finally I get to Goshen and the Montana plant where the Montana folks replaced the entire surround with a brand new one not just the door. Well I left Goshen happy as a lark. That is until a few days later we pulled into Nashville TN and guess what. That BRAND NEW DOOR IS DRAGGING. The exact same problem is starting all over again. Luckily I was camped next door to a Montana dealer and after a call to Montana the dealer was told to go ahead and "adjust" it. That Nashville dealer made the exact same adjustment that was made to the first door a year ago. It has now been about a month and so far no problem but only time will tell.
At this point I think the surrounds are not installed square to the walls and this is the problem. Either that or these units are just plain junk and Montana better go out and get themselves a new shower surround manufacturer.

BTW--The first door had the towel bar the second door does not.

Which reminds me, JoyceH! If you still need that towel bar let me know as I kept the bar off the old door.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote