Thread: NASCAR Camping
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #8
samroll
Established Member

M.O.C. #22485
Had an infield spot on the wall in turn #2 at Texas Motor Speedway for years. We gave it up few years back when they raised the price again. It had gotten to the point we were spending as much for a long weekend at the race as it cost us for a 2 week vacation.

Our spot was just large enough for our Montana. Luckily, we had a good friend in the spot next to us and we would share the 2 spaces (his camper was smaller) as we had a platform for viewing the race we set up between us. I would usually park my truck outside the track as it was just too crowded with the truck there.

A bit of advice.....get there AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!!! I tried to get to the track as early on a Thursday as I could and get into my spot. It can be nerve wracking trying to get into a spot after the place fills up. I have done it and it was no fun. One time it took me 3 hours to get my rig in place. I was a contortionist that day and thought it would never work but finally did.

It is lots of fun but plan ahead and be one of the first to park your rig. My buddy had a large (7500?) Honda generator we each hooked up at 30 amps and it worked great. Fridge and water heater stayed on propane. Bring some type of fire ring and wood and have fun!

2012 Montana 3582RL
2013 Ford F350SD King Ranch Dually
samroll is offline   Reply With Quote