View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #23
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave10 View Post
Forget Easylube and grease the bearings the old fashion way as recommended. I removed the grease zurks and replaced them with a plug. Easylube is it for boat trailers and not intended for RV's. Easylube is a bad marketing ploy.
If you are old enough, remember the days when your front rotors housed the bearings and had to be repacked. For me it was done at every brake job when the rotors were removed to have them turned. This was done around every 25-30k+. And that was done on a steering axle with lots of side to side stress being applied.

No way an I repacking bearing every year or even 2 on a camper that has been towed your normal 2-5k miles. I think the EZ lube feature work as intended if you do it right, which most do not do.

I keep records of miles towed and since 2006 or so I have never repacked a bearing on any trailer of the 3 trailers I have owned. Around 40k towed without an issue using the EZ lube feature. Just saying
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote