View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
That looks really great!

After 2 years of use, especially in cold weather, I realized how much cold air blows through those vents, and how much the furnace has to run to heat the underbelly.

Last Fall, I took the time to crawl under the camper and sealed up the chloroplast with a few extra screws and LOTS of foamy "Stuff" and calking. Sealing up all those open edges on the chloroplast made all the difference in the world. No more cold air blowing through, and the furnace doesn't run as long as it use to between cycles. It was amazing.

This year, when warm weather hit, I was amazed at how much less the air conditioner has to run. Well, it still runs, but it's actually cold inside the camper. I never realized in a zillion years how much air passes through that enclosed area behind the pass through and under the floor and how shoddy that chloroplast is installed.

Blocking off the vent completely would really make a difference in hot weather. And your design looks really nice.

Now, take the time to crawl under your camper and seal up all the edges on the chloroplast and you'll not have any drafts anywhere.

Looks real nice. Real nice!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote