View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 03:28 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Yes, Mac, we have noticed that it is 'warmer' than usual during the days, but the nights are entirely different than we would be experiencing in Texas in the June heat and humidity. We had a great day on the Arkansas River yesterday--our very first time though we have been coming to Buena Vista since the 1960s. And we did get the report that Denver set another heat record yesterday.

And, Judy, I think you may be right. Wouldn't that be a nice coincidence. I was looking through the viewfinder and did see the RV coming up the hill (greatly reduced) but the appearance of the second RV going down was a matter of pure serendipity. We are having a great time. Our daughter and her friend took us down the river yesterday.

I will just add that it was a very busy day on the river yesterday. At one time we could see boats 'stem to stern' all the way ahead of us and all the way behind us on the river. I will not yield to the temptation to give a 'ministerial estimate' of the number of boats, but there were many!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote