View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've been around here practically forever and would like to offer my nickel's worth. Hopefully it will be taken in the spirit offered.

I don't have a problem with the primary topic of the original thread. But I was not all that surprised it was locked. I do think *this* thread seems to be oriented towards blasting those who locked the original thread. Just my opinion after reading through the thread.

Having had more than a few discussions with moderators and administrators over the years, some of them what might be termed a bit heated, there are a couple of things I'd like to offer. These are things I was told.

First, this is a privately owned forum. The "king," as someone put it, has the final say over all things MOC. **ALL** things. Whether I, or you, like it or not is totally irrelevant.

Second, I think this is one of the most civil forums of its type on the entire internet. I attribute that to those who do the policing and controlling of the forum. I may not always like the way they do things but overall they've done a very good job.

Third, our participation, each and every one of us, can and will be curtailed at any time by the moderators if we prove to be "bad citizens" in their eyes. We have absolutely no control over that since this is a privately owned and controlled forum.

Last, our participation, each and every one of us, is also voluntary on our part. If we don't like what's going on, each and every one of us is free to leave. I know it's a play on words, but nobody but nobody is putting a gun to our heads to make us participate.

I know my thoughts probably ticked off some people. But, they are based on what I've been told, have observed over the years, and also my opinions. So be it. I've learned an awful lot from the people in this forum and have made many friends here, some who will be lifelong friends.

I'm just happy the forum is maintained to be a good place to be. If someone wants to bash those who have made it so, go to it. MOC has been a **good friend** to me and I'm not going to beat up on a **good friend** who happens to sometimes do something I don't particularly like.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote