View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #9
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I also have a 2014 F350 and I learned that the brake controller will not engage until you hit the brakes at least once while the trailer is hooked up and recognized by the truck. This also means the charging circuit to the trailer from the truck won't engage either. I know you said that you've hit the brakes several times and it doesn't stop the truck. I assume you mean you're engaging the IBC using the slide mechanism. Try hitting the brake pedal a few times first and make sure the truck recognizes that the trailer is hooked up. You can check by going into the menu from the steering wheel 4 way switch and looking under Truck Options (if memory serves, it's the one just below fuel economy). Once there, you'll see the pitch and roll for the truck, go right one and you'll see the towing options. The trailer, if recognized, will probably be named "Default Trailer" unless you've named it something else before. BTW, this will also keep track of the miles you've pull your trailer until you reset it. I was completely shocked that we got ours brand new last October and have over 21,000 miles already!
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote