View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Phil my 3160 is a Montana. We looked at High Country's and Mountineers before we got this one. By all means I would think that four golf cart batteries should work well. Xantrex seems to be a quaility unit for what little bit I know. Trace engineering used to be real good, but that was some time back. There is an article on here under boondocking that is quite informative about inverters and solor power.
As for slide toppers your likely to get the best price before you sign on the dotted line. I do not remember what the cost was from Keystone but I do remember Tacoma RV would be able to sell and install them cheaper than the factory. Long story short we do not have them on our unit and we ended up buying locally here in the Tri-Cities, Eastern Washington. It appears with our unit that I might have a hard time having room to install it on the kitchen slide as it has it's own awning already using up some of the space needed for a topper. The other two would be quite easy as they already have the drip rail fastener already in place if I was doing a self installation.
My 3160 RL also has the Legacy Edition. I hope you enjoy Seattle, it can be very nice especially in late summer. We are in the desert here in Eastern Washington.

Tom Marty