View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #35
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
As I walked around the RV show this year looking at the new models I'm guessing that most of people who design RV's at these companies probably never even spent one night in them. The design ideas seem to be comming out of the marketing department, who's sole purpose is to steal market shares away from the other manufactures by copying thier ideas and changing them a little. Then the bean counters step in and decide the cheapest way to build it.
After all they is the ones with all the fancey book learning and stuff not us. We are only the ones who buy their Rv's and just sit in the woods in them playing our banjo's. What would we know about what works best or what we want. One example of this was when I was standing on the outside of the 3711FL staring at the 6th slideout that they decided to add right underneath the awing. Now I don't know about anybody else but I must be weird because for some funny reason I like to set up my campsite underneath my awing. I mean isn't that the reason for the awning in first place so we can sit underneath it to shield us from the rain and the sun? Would anybody who actually uses an RV ever design one with a slideout underneath it taking up 3/4 of the space? I've seen several manufactures do this over the years. Then again that is the secret behind marketing. Never build an RV,Car, appliance or anything for that matter with all the features we want because then we would never upgrade. Always leave them wanting.