View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
Toby2011
Established Member

M.O.C. #13672
I've tried using various combinations in the convenience center to transfer from a fresh water jug to the fresh water storage. Even followed up with the dealer and found that the convenience center won't transfer to the fresh water storage.

Solution. I bought a small water pump from Amazon. Seaflo "12v Water Pressure Diaphragm Pump 4.3 L/min 1.2 GPM 35 PSI - Caravan/rv/boat/marine" for $29.99. I also ordered a RoadPro 12v 12" extension cigarette lighter plug fro $8.57. NAPA Auto provided a Bell cigarette lighter repair kit,with inline 5 Amp fuse for $1.69. Home Depot had the 3/8" Inside Diameter vinyl tubing, clamps, brass adapter to garden hose fitting for the tubing and male to male brass nipple to connect to the convenience center. HD was about $20.

I ran the 12' extension across the basement attaching with Velcro at the top so it was out of the way. The Bell lighter plug splices into the pump wiring and serves as on/off switch. The little pump is light and with tubing it fits in a gallon freezer bag to keep it clean. I keep the extension cord unplugged from the basement 12v outlet when I don't need the pump.

Toby2011 is offline   Reply With Quote