Thread: Drain problems
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #43
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mach111

Can this thing be removed and replaced with pipe? Besides odor what good is it? Just do like what I am reading with problems. Looks as if I could encounter a problem at the the most inconvenient time.

What do you think?
I wouldn’t remove it. They are easy to remove and clean.

I did not use any tools.

The collar at the bottom on the shower drain has a rubber washer in it for a gasket and the collar can be unscrewed by hand.

Then unscrew the same type of collar on the end of the “P” trap. Also easy to do by hand.

The last step is probably the hardest one. I used both hands on the unit and unscrewed it from the pipe that goes to the gray tank. You may want to be careful here and hold the pipe to the gray tank with one hand and turn the “P” trap with the other.

This is the second time I have had this unit out of the trailer. The first time when the bladder had become inverted and I damaged it because I mistook the end of the white bladder for a paper towel and used a pair if needle nose pliers to unstop the drain.

This is a lot easier than many other things you must do to these trailers to keep them in good working order.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote