View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #25
WhatExit?
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28356
Thanks to everyone who posted tips and tricks on installing a wired rear view camera.

I did mine this weekend. Here's a very brief overview...

Pulled the Furrion camera mount and used the hole for the camera cable. The rubber grommet fit that hole perfectly. Installed the Ford camera bracket under the cable coming through the hole.

Ran the cable into the cabinet (on the back wall above the rear window). I could not get past something blocking the wall to the low, right (driver's side) of the back window. So, I ran the cable from the storage cabinet, down the window side valance and into the wall in a hole above the electrical outlet. From there the cable runs to the underside of the 5th wheel (opened up the driver's side rear taillight to run the cable up and down) zip tied to the propane pipe and up into the propane cabinet where the connections are made.

If I didn't run into the block inside the wall I would have scored this install a perfect 10 but I spent hours trying to get past it and didn't want to risk pulling other wires (lots of wires in that back rear area next to the rear window).

Well worth the installation time as I have a wired rear view camera that displays on my F350's display anytime I want (I have the Nav-TV F50 package I installed).

WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote