Thread: Rims Leaking
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 10:01 AM   #7
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
Even though our rig was delivered with the Goodyear Marathon E range tire, and after having five tire failures with them, we replaced them with Goodyear G614’s as that was an option from the factory using the same 6” wide rims, and this was about a year after purchase. We still have the same rims and have not had any rim failure issues. 1/2” isn’t that much of a difference and I doubt you could tell the tire looked any different mounted on a 6 1/2” wheel. Just my opinion, too.

I have to agree on the rim size, how many of us have went to the Sailun or Goodyear G rated tires without issue. No I don't think its size ,its quality.

My story ,some may remember back around 2009 or 2010. We had wheels that were not rated for 110 psi, matter of fact mine had no psi or weight rating , T06 rims I think if I remember on my 2008 Montana 3400RL.

Anyway the manufacturer recertified those wheels to 110 psi, even sent out stickers to put on them. Going off that information I got on THIS forum I went with G rated tires it was around 2010, my Mission brand E rated tire were nearing two years old I wanted them off . Well they had a change of heart ,and decided they were not going to recertify. My point I ran those wheels with G rated tires on them for just over 10 years, IMO they were a much better wheel then whats on these new fifth wheels rated for 110 psi.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote