Thread: Tire Question
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:27 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozzie

I'm certainly no expert on tires, but I have a TT and have been experiencing tire problems.
We upgraded our load range D to load range E thinking this would give me a stronger tire.
Well, it did, but created a new set of problems as I have now had two blowouts in as many outings on 1 1/2 year old tires.
I have consulted with a local tire expert that has taken my situation seriously for me and has contacted a number of manufacturers on my behalf.
They are telling me that we have increased the carrying capacity to the point that the tires are now considered under loaded. Combined with max pressure the tires are over inflated and are blowing out in the middle of the treads (classic over inflation).
If I want to stay with the heavier load range, they are suggesting I set the inflation to match the load, not run at max as many suggest.

I have decided to go with their recommendations and go back to the load range D, what gives me the best warranty, and a good national company that I would be able to get replacements from should I have difficulties on the road.
Ozzie, They are correct. Weigh the trailer and set the PSI to the weight being carried. Not knowing what size tire you are referring to I can't help you much with the proper PSI.

I'll probably open a can of worms with this but...
Follow this link > http://www.goodyear.com/truck/pdf/da...dInflation.pdf and by scrolling down you will tire inflation charts for all size tires.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote