View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #10
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

First let me welcome you to MOC. Now I can only advise how I embalm my monty with the pink stuff.I open the lower drain lines below the outside "convenience center" also known as the docking station. I also take the cap off the fresh water tank and let it drain. I do not put antifreeze in the fresh water tank - no need. I turn the bypass valve on the water heater so it doesn't pump the pink stuff in hot water tank. I remove the anode rod and let the hot water tank drain. I then hook my hose up to the "winterize" connection in the docking station and put the other end in a gallon of antifreeze. I then go in and turn the pump on and go to each faucet and turn on till pink stuff runs - this includes the toilet. I let the pink stuff run enough to get a little into the black and grey tanks. Don't forget to do the outside shower faucet and the washer and dryer connections if so equiped. Been there and done that by having to replace the outside shower faucet because I forgot about it a couple years ago.
Gas smell outside the Monty ? I would treat that very serious especially if you have a new unit. Could be a line loose or something. Have someone qualifed do that one. Can't help you with your awning, maybe your dealer has some patching stuff.
Good Luck.

Excellent advice there Mr. Roadrunner. That is exactly how it should be winterized.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote