View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 04:23 AM   #7
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Question: When wiring 2 or more batteries in parallel, is there a special battery cable for that or do you somehow "stack" cables. What I'm thinking is a cable would go from positive of the first battery to positive of the second battery. Then you'd need another cable to go from positive of the second battery to positive of the third battery. That means two cable ends on the positive post of battery number 2. And also from battery number 3 to the coach or battery number 4. The post is not big enough for this, is it? So are there cables with both a male and a female on each end? If not, how do you accomplish connecting multiple batteries in parallel?

Thanks.
Steve,

Check out part # TM2364. It is a double ended (two crimp position) lug. It will let two wires share a battery post. They are available for up to 4/0 wire.

http://www.evparts.com/shopping/inde...umber=2&id=720

These are available for both the positive and negative posts (the posts being different sizes on batteries.) For low current applications, you could get away by using the wing nut connections that most RV & Golf Car batteries have. For high current applications (like using a higher power inverter) I would feel better using something like this.

These are what I'm planning to use for my own battery bank when I get around to building it....

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote