View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #7
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkeen View Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Ruger is 8 years old and is dealing with hip issues, but doing well.

I'm glad to hear you didn't have much of any problem. In your experience, even if the RV park has a policy and and insurance liability that doesn't allow GSDs, did you find that they had some leeway? Does it help to include a photo of the dog?

I wrote to several parks in Texas, one responded so far:

I wrote:

Shady Creek RV Park replied:

Scott,

Two things come to mind when I read your post.

First, you said Ruger has some hip issues. While I don't have hip issues, my wife has had hers replaced. Going up and down the stairs in a 5th wheel for extended periods of time is hard on hips for both people and dogs. Hopefully it will not be a issue for Ruger. I'm also assuming Ruger is a 9MM GSD?

Second, assuming this is in Aubrey, TX, the Shady Creek RV Park you communicated with is about half way between both of our kids. We haven't been there yet but plan to stay there when we stay for and extended visit. We live about 100 miles SE of that area so we usually just do day trips. If you do chose to stay there please let me know how the park is.
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote