View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 02:43 AM   #37
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
We bring Tobey (Australian Cattle Dog - Shepherd mix) everywhere we camp. He doesn't let on that he's excited about going but we know he is. Once arriving at our destination he is pretty much beside himself and wants to take walk after walk. We try to stop at CG's with Dog Parks. We'll turn him loose in one of those and he becomes a "Mad Dog" as we call him! Run, Run, Run! He is great with other dogs and will have normally a group running with him, playing, and chasing one another.

If we are planning a day trip, we'll drop him off at the attended park for the day. After coming back to the campground and picking him up, he is toast. Just plain worn out in a good way!

Tasha who passed away 2 Novembers ago absolutely loved going camping. She was a Chow/Lab mix. All black with a purple tongue, and felt like a stuffed animal to the touch. Very, very smart too. I would love to have another one just like her. She would become very excited. She knew, as soon as we started taking clothes or food out to the camper, that we were getting ready to go. She could barely contain herself.

She would sit between the wife and I, looking out the window, intently watching the world go by. She loved pine needles, and curling up near the fire. She was a great dog!

Both Tobey and Tasha were rescues. Tobey had been through 4 homes before us. I don't know why. He is a good pooch! Well travelled they went from Acadia in Maine to Charleston, SC and many places in between. They may have had a not so good start prior to being "Rescues" but since ending up with us, they both have been given a good life!

Both my wife and I miss Tasha so.
egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote