Thread: frame on 3475
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Del, there was a frame problem with early year models with the 8 inch frame. That's what Ken is referring to.

There was also a problem with some FW's in the overhang area. Is that what you are referring to? The problem only occured in a relatively small number of them. The fix was to add gusseting (spelling?) to beef up the overhang area. Montanas starting with sometime in the 2006 model year run have that additional gusseting from the beginning. There should be no problem with those.

If you think you have the overhang problem, you'll see some separation of the trim along the bottom of the overhang, either on the horizontal piece or the vertical piece that runs down near the front locker door. Our 2003 had a gap where that vertical trim piece turned the corner to head across the front of the rig. It also had some separation at the horizontal trim piece on the side of the overhang. Last, we could see where the dresser dropped below the caulk line maybe a quarter inch, where the dresser meets the closet wall. This is on a 2003 model. Newer models may not have the dresser in that position. In all cases, the gap, or separation, is identifiable only when hitched with the weight on the pin. If you have this, contact Keystone. Phone, don't email.

Awhile back I posted a picture with arrows showing where to look but I cannot find that picture. I have search this laptop high and low.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote