View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #24
MAWilsonPE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26813
Good question, I chose 12ga wire from a chart that said I could run 75 ft with 6 amps at 12 volts. I added 30 ft to what was probably 25-30 ft factory run so I figured 12ga was good. The accent lights are by far the biggest draw at 6 amps, the rest are half that or less. With the lithium batteries I get more like 13+ volts so I think that helps too.

The dimmers smoothly reduce the draw from 6 amps all the way down to less that 0.5 amp before the lights turn off. The dimming action is smooth with no fluttering. These dimmers are rated for 8 amps @ 12v.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The install was a challenge but there is a lot of room to pull wires to the basement through the wall behind the control panels. Each dimmer is 4 wires +/-, in/out, so that’s 20 wires or 10 pair to the basement the pendant light switch is upstairs. The InCommand panel wiring is very accessible and well labeled. I can take a pic of the wiring mods there if you like.

The light switch systems still work the same way as before and I can leave the dimmers where I want them.

Best, Mike
MAWilsonPE is offline   Reply With Quote