Thread: New truck
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Despite what some folks think about me on here, this is one time I will say get what you need. I can understand if you physically have issues getting into a 4x4. It is great to have but if it is an issue then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Just using a little common sense it isn't too hard to avoid getting into situations where you would need it.

Likewise if you are fulltimers that only occasionally tow your camper and the truck is your only vehicle then the SRW may suit your lifestyle better. Its not like you haven't towed before and don't know what your getting into.

Having said the above. IF someone who has never towed before asks me what the best truck to pull one of these monsters is I am still going to recommend 1 ton 4x4 long bed diesel dually. That is in my not so humble opinion the best TOW truck. It might not fit everyone's needs as is the case for the OP but it is the best tow truck for Monty sized rigs period! Anyone suggesting less would be doing a disservice to a Newbie (which the OP is decidedly not). I don't think I am alone in this thought process or it would be easy to find two wheel drive SRWs. There is a very good reason why the 4x4 1 ton dullies are so popular. It's certainly not because folks like to pay more for their trucks or a wide rear end.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote