Thread: Apollo
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Jim & Kathy,
We have a 2005 3400 with the Apollo, shortly after the warranty went out so did the door latch. I called the distributor listed in the owners papers (don't have them handy now) and they were very helpful. Bottom line, they sent us two replacement latches, no charge. Subsequently they have sent us two more for additional breakage. I now have one in reserve.
In a pinch, they can be glued back together and may last a few months.
They send you written instructions on how to replace the latch, it's not difficult. Getting the unit out of the cupboard is more of a task. The plastic trim needs to be removed.
Basically one has to remove the metal cover/shroud from the micro to access the latch.
There is a way to get the door open to remove food without taking the cover off.
(We had just cooked some eggs in ours when the latch failed)
They can tell you how over the phone, I think I recall that you apply upward pressure on the door while gently pulling the door toward the open position. Best to double check this process with them.
The last I spoke with them they were in the process of changing Specs with their Manufacturer as they were having lots of problems with these latches.
I, too, was thinking of getting another Micro but except for this infrequent latch thing the unit has served us well.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote