View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 05:29 AM   #25
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Dieselguy - I appreciate your input. I have lots of follow up questions from reading you and ChuckS posts.

As to turning the Allen head set screw - if you look at my first pic, I see 3 valves and the Allen head set screw is on the “bottom”. The wires on the middle valve were labeled (??? I can’t remember the text exactly but I knew the middle valve was for the drivers side rear jacks). It was dark when I started searching for an Allen wrench to fit the screw - so I have no idea what size it was…I found one that nicely fit. Then I tried applying pressure to turn it clockwise from the “upside down” perspective. The wrench did not move. I applied a bit more pressure. It still did not move. I tried applying pressure the other way (counterclockwise) it did not move. Since I have never done this - I was hesitant to apply anymore pressure either way.

I assume the clockwise motion from the “upside down” perspective was correct - right?

Also - I did not look on the top of each jack looking for an Allen set screw…should I do that? Or am I looking at the items in question up in the front compartment?

The first jack I noticed coming down was the drivers side rear jack…maybe 2” or so. Initially the mid-drivers side was staying up. After reading this thread about cycling to remove air - I entered manual mode and retracted and extended touching the RIGHT button a couple of times. I also used the REAR button to run all 4 jacks up and down a couple of times. Several minutes passed as I was doing other chores - and I noticed the drivers side mid jack was down about 3”-4” and the rear jack was down less - maybe 2”. That is when a dark cloud of dread and panic set in as I practiced my speech (in my head) to my wife for how we may not be able to make this trip if I can’t get these legs tied up. As evidenced by my pic - strapping the legs did not stop them from dropping to the same level as they did before I applied the straps. Even after I tied them up for the final attempt (after 5 or 6 attempts hooking the strap here then revising to try a better angle) I gave up and decided to make the trip with the legs down 3” to 4”. The mid jack is worse than the rear jack. The pic below is the mid rear jack. It came down further before we arrived and my foot pad is bent into a nice U shape.

Does the sequence of the jack failure described above add any info for diagnosis of the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27B7340C-FF68-40F0-8D20-E8308DECC84F.jpeg
Views:	16
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	13757  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote