View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 03:46 PM   #22
Maks
Established Member

M.O.C. #19245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
Looks good.
Interested, did you place the center to the rv rail over the existing brace of the Gen prep? I haven't looked at the bracing closely but assume the box perimiter has a shelf surrounding the hole under the Factory generator that would support some weight.

When it runs, how is the vibration transferred to the rig? I had a solid platform on my old trailer I ran my old 3000 seb on and it needed isolation so I used the loading ramp to run it to the ground when we used the big generator. Gave it to my daughter and changed to a Honda 2000i. I am interested in revisiting what you did, especially for it's gas consumption over the propane rigs, and remote start.

Thank you

Allen
I'll answer your second question first. No...have not experienced any concerns with excessive vibration when the generator is on the slide out platform. The Yamaha generator runs very smoothly whether under light or heavy load. Your Honda generator should run equally as smooth so you should not have a vibration problem if mounted on a similar slide out platform.
As for the factory installed Gen Prep mounts..... unfortunately they did not extend all the way across the compartment width in order to mount the slide out platform. I bolted in two aluminum C-channel rails that ran the entire width of the compartment in order to mount the rest of the platform assembly. These rails were also needed to raise the platform since the factory mounts were approx 2 inches lower than the bottom lip of the compartment door. Not sure what your trailer's model is, but if you look up my email address under my profile and send me a message, I can send you some detailed photos of the slide out assembly. It took many measurements and thinkin in order to figure out mine.
My overall issue that that the Yamaha generator is 22 inches tall and the compartment opening is 23 inches. That one inch difference was not enough to correctly mount the heavy duty drawer slides. Sorry but hard to describe without the photos.

2009 Volvo 730 Custom RV Hauler & 2013 SmartCar
2017 Montana 3790rd
Maks is offline   Reply With Quote